A practical presentation skills workshop designed to ease the fear of public speaking by focusing on developing a toolkit of performance techniques used by professional actors which allows you to break through inhibiting fear-factor barriers – and empowers you to deliver presentations, lead meetings and manage teams with a greater sense of gravitas, passion, authenticity and confidence.
According to some studies, Glossophobia, or the fear of public speaking, affects approximately 75% of the world’s population and can be one of the major barriers that stands in the way of people performing to their full potential and achieving their career goals.
This practical public speaking course incorporates a range of theoretical, practical and performance modules and is ideal for anyone who either fears, or feels uncomfortable with, speaking in public – whether it’s making presentations to large groups of stakeholders, managing small teams of people or leading boardroom meetings.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of what triggers anxiety and fear when it comes to public speaking.
- Learn corrective techniques to minimise the physical symptoms of nerves – including accelerated heartbeat, nausea, muscle tension, shaking & trembling, weak / shaky voice, shortness of breath.
- Develop a greater understanding of the role of the Body, Breath and Voice in confident communication.
- Learn how to apply a toolkit of techniques to relieve nerves and anxiety.
- Learn how to properly prepare ahead of any public speaking engagement.
- Understand the importance of focus and remaining in the present when speaking in public.
- Have a better understanding of vocal techniques which help portray confidence and authority when speaking.
- Learn effective preparation techniques including presentation structure.
- Have a better understanding of how to make an emotional connection with your audience.