DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ALL COMMUNICATIONS WORKSHOPS ARE NOW BEING DELIVERED ONLINE.
This one-day communications workshop aims to increase your personal impact by giving a deeper understanding of the importance and qualities of clear and focused communication skills
By examining the three channels of communication – the body, breath and voice – you will learn the techniques to come across with greater authority, impact and influence. The session will improve your performance in a variety of situations such as: staff briefings; leading meetings; effective networking; interviews and appraisals – allowing you to hold your space and relate to others with ease.
Voice and physicality
- Build greater awareness of your own communication style
- Examine posture, body language and how it affects presence and impact
- Learn relaxation techniques to help you when you are communicating
- Practice articulation exercises to improve the clarity of your speech
Making an impact
- Develop an open style which portrays confidence and authority
- Practice making an entrance and holding an audience’s attention
- Learn how to better engage an audience
- Discover how the use of tone, the pause and emphasis improve communication skills
Our professional courses are highly practical and include theatre-based exercises.
Participants may be asked to make a short speech to the group at the beginning and at the end of the day to demonstrate impact before and after training. Each participant will receive individual feedback from the tutor.
Duration: 9am - 5pm