by Federico García Lorca. Translated by James Graham Lujan and Richard O'Connell
A wedding is arranged. An agreement is made between The Bride and The Bridegroom. Their union is blessed. But when The Bride breaks the rules and desire takes over, there is a price to pay.
Set in the dry Spanish plains, Blood Wedding explores what happens when conventions try to stop natural instincts. When the dryness of the land fuels the heat inside the heart. In a village where tradition, blood ties and the land are sacred, a woman’s love, lust and desire must be crushed. So when a Bride breaks all the rules, a merry wedding turns into a hunt. The village’s honour must be restored and the land asks for the spilling of blood.
Blood Wedding is part of Federico García Lorca’s rural trilogy alongside Yerma and The House of Bernarda Alba. These are plays that rebel against oppressive social conventions and portray the tragic consequences of passionate impulses.
This amateur production of “Blood Wedding (Lujan/O'Connell, trans.)” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH LTD a Concord Theatricals Company.
The video and/or audio recording of this performance by any means whatsoever are strictly prohibited.
- The Bride Agnes O'Casey
- The Bridegroom Adam Richardson
- The Mother Eavan Gaffney
- The Bride's Father Naoise Dunbar
- The Mother in Law Natalie Dix
- Leonardo's Wife Katherine Field
- Leonardo Aidan Moriarty
- Death Ella Lily Hyland
- The Servant Woman Emma Creaner
- The Neighbour Leo Hanna
- The Moon Witt Tarantino
- First Girl and Cast Alison Oliver
- Second Girl / Third Girl Sadhbh Malin
- Woodcutter / Wedding Guest / Youth Rowan Finken
- Woodcutter / Wedding Guest / Youth / Ben Waddell
- Woodcutter / Wedding Guest / Youth Barry Simpson
- Little Girl Heidi Shannon
- Assistant Stage Manager Odhran Duignan
- Chief LX Scott Maguire
- Costume Supervisor Nicole Darragh
- Deputy Stage Manager / Company Stage Manager Josh Roxby
- LX Programmer / Operator Ilona McCormick
- Prop Maker / Scenic Artist Faith Boucher
- Set Construction HOD John Norton
- Sound Design Coordinator Rory Donnelly