Short Courses / Voice
The Clear and Confident Voice - Public Speaking Evening Course
6 weeks, 7.00pm - 8.30pm
The Clear & Confident Voice evening course is an affordable introduction to public speaking and communications training. Scroll below for more information.
Course InformationCourse Begins: Wed 26 May 2021
Duration: 6 weeks, 7.00pm - 8.30pm
If you have any further questions, enquire and we'll contact you.
Designed and delivered by Cathal Quinn, The Lir Academy's Head of Voice, this online course introduces people to techniques that can be easily employed to improve their voice, public speaking, personal impact & influencing skills.
The masterclass covers areas such as clarity of thought and speech, greater physical and vocal presence, better breath support, tools to strengthen your voice, ways to increase the range and carrying power of your voice, guidelines on how to keep your voice healthy and a greater sense of confidence when public speaking.
By the end of the course you will:
- Learn approaches and techniques that will make you a more engaging, skilful and confident communicator.
- Learn the basic techniques involved in both verbal & non-verbal communication.
- Know how to portray a confident and authentic self when speaking in public.
- Learn how to conquer nerves and fear of public speaking.
- Learn how to use the vocal techniques to make an emotional connection with your audience.
- Understand how to use the voice to connect with audiences of various sizes and in different contexts – ideal for communicating and leading small teams.
- Have a range of skills at your disposal which develop flexibility, authenticity and impact.
- Recognise the influential power of clear & confident communication.
Course Details click to
Acceptance onto the course is at the discretion of The Lir. If The Lir feels for whatever reason that they are not suitable for the course, he/she will not be accepted. All decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
Due to the high demand for Lir courses applicants may be held on a waiting list
Cancellation Policy click to
The full course fee is payable as acceptance of an offer of a place on the course.
In the event of a cancellation more than one month prior to the course start date on courses costing €250+ a forfeiture of €250 will be retained to cover administration costs.
In the event of a cancellation more than one month prior to the course start date on short courses priced below €250, a forfeiture of the total course fee will be retained
A withdrawal less than one month before the course start date will result in the forfeiture of the entire fee.
Please note, acceptance onto the course is at the discretion of The Lir Academy. If The Lir feels for whatever reason that a participant is not suitable for the course, he/she will not be accepted. All decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
Insurance click to
It is strongly recommended that all participants insure themselves to cover the loss of fees in the event of illness, for which The Lir Academy cannot accept any liability.
“Enlightening- raised my awareness of my own voice/speech- things that were going well and not so well.”