Short Courses / Technical
ETC Ion Training Level 3: Intermediate (16th Dec)
ETC Europe, The Lir Academy and Production Services Ireland are proud to present a series of 1 day ETC training session in the Lir Dublin at various levels on the Ion console.
Course InformationCourse Begins: 16/12/19
Duration: 1 day
If you have any further questions, enquire and we'll contact you.
ETC's Eos family of consoles provides power that is elegant, approachable, and scalable. These hands-on training events will give you the opportunity to explore first-hand the features and functions of these powerful control systems.
These classes are taught by lighting designer Kevin Smith. The sessions will include the use of Ion Classic, the new Ion XE and the Element consoles. During the courses you will be introduced to the basics and nuances of this high-level control system and you will leave with more confidence in using your ETC console.
We have recently restructured the Eos training model and there are now 4 levels of training available. These sessions will continue to be free of charge.
In addition Amplify, a new model of training, has been introduced.
Amplify has been developed in response to the demand for ‘the next level of training’.
It introduces the next stage in console training and skills development. Amplify is an intensive
training session that is aimed at improving work flow, teaching new skills and helping people to
become faster, more proficient programmers. Set in a fast-paced environment, Amplify aims to
simulate a real-world programming experience giving attendees the opportunity to test their current
skills and develop new ones as they go. Amplify builds on the knowledge gained from Eos family
training Levels 1 and 2 and takes those core skills and guides attendees through applying them into
their daily programming practices.
Ion Level 3: Intermediate
This course is designed for those who are well-versed in Eos®-family terminology, already know the layout of the desk, and are experienced as a conventional- and intelligent-fixture programmer. This class is intended to build on your knowledge, and make you faster.
Key concepts covered include
• Use, store, and recall advanced displays
• Use advanced patch functions, such as copying and moving show data, editing fixture profiles, and creating keywords
• Use advanced selection and manual control features
• Define and use Highlight, Lowlight, and custom RemDim
• Use the fan function on encoders, the command line, and for references
• Control multiple-intensity fixtures
• Apply and store filters
• Use manual playback functions like Make Null, Make Manual, Capture
• Use advanced palette and preset modifiers
• Use advanced cues, like Multipart, and multi-list
• Create and use Macros
• Utilize intermediate Magic Sheet skills
9am - 6pm